Friday, June 13, 2008

Moving

Today's physical activity was yard work. I mowed front and back, considering that if we could all just let our lawns grow, we'd reduce air pollution and help the Earth by the grass's greater ability to recycle the air and pull out excessive carbon. Then, I dug holes around the back fence, filled in other holes, and planted sunflower seeds in the little holes and filled them back in with topsoil and potting soil. I spent about an hour sweating out in the sun (and another half hour hauling trash to the recycling center/trash area). I try to get out and move around on my days off, even though I haven't been able to get myself going fast enough to get to the gym on my work days the last few weeks.

I have an appointment at the pain clinic next week. I don't think the approval in with the insurance will let him give me the lower back shot next week; hopefully it will not take long to get a new appointment for one, as I am starting to have a lot of difficulty walking and driving again. I had to adjust the shoes I was wearing for work. If anyone knows any shoes like Crocs or Okabashis with basically a light foam sole, but with a professional-looking upper, please let me know! It would really help me out.

Anyway, keep on moving, everyone!

1 comment:

Annabelle said...

Good luck to you with your fibromyalgia. I understand it can be very painful.

I wonder how your trip to the pain clinic went??

Annabelle