Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pains in the something or other

So, yesterday, I walked to the gym. First, the parking lot is under construction, and secondly, I might as well walk, it's only about a mile. Got there, water aerobics were cancelled. I dragged myself out of bed at 0700 for what, now?

Later, I walked to the shopette and back to get some milk and a couple bits, since the commissary is closed on Monday. By last night, that twinge in my lower back was back, and I've had trouble walking today (by which I mean I have a pronounced limp). Called for a referral to the pain clinic, hopefully it won't get too bad before I can get a cortisone shot. I can mostly deal with pain, but it gets hard to drive with that particular pain--the nerve gets all buggered up and my leg doesn't work right. I don't know if it was just "time" for it to flare up, or if I caused it walking somehow. If so, it's got to be a terrain problem; I walk all day at work without screwing myself up.

Anyway, my hubby is now convinced that I need a breast reduction. A lot of the pain I get is in my shoulders and just below the bra strap line. And somehow, in losing weight over the past year I managed to get from 38DD to 36DDD. Well, it's still not as bad as when I was nursing--after a year of that, I was about two cup sizes bigger than this. Anyone have any experience with that? Surgery makes me nervous, seriously. Plus, I sort of identify as being large-breasted. How much would they take off for something like that?

No comments: