Monday, July 21, 2008

Blue day

Today, I found out that DH will be home up to a week later than we'd planned. I am hoping he will make it by 13 September anyway; I made us appointments to have tattoos that weekend as something to do together (in separate rooms with different artists, but it's still a shared experience). I'll have to back them up a couple weeks if it turns out otherwise.

I got angry, and I am afraid that I shared some of that with him, though I know he gets as angry and frustrated as I. The thing is that I feel the need to prove myself at work and a couple weeks of needing a late-night sitter in May proved to me that that won't be an option again; I'll have to limit my schedule far more than I would like. I can only hope that offering to work later weekend shifts, as I have a friend who will help me then, will make up for it.

After I was angry, I was just down. I had trouble being motivated after that today; I didn't work out or take the trash to the recycling center (naturally, the pool will not reopen until at least the end of the month now, and they are not sure about then). I eventually got all my work done for my data class (a lab and a quiz; only got an 87% on the quiz, but the lab will be fine and is worth more points).

I did get three boxes today. One had Chuck's Canadian chips and my Raspberry Puffs; one had a bunch of Star Wars books and some DVDs Chuck sent me; the third had my corsets. One is a proper corset, but I can't do up the eye-hooks; the other is super-comfortable like a swimsuit, and I can live with it. I don't think the help for my back is as much as I would have desired, but it's better than the brassiere.

I wanted to get in a session of yoga or stretching before bed, but I am not feeling up to it. I think I will take a short walk.

No comments: